If you are a pay monthly customer, the below information will help you to find out all you need to know prior to your trip about using your mobile phone abroad. Just don't forget to pack your mobile phone!
- Pack your battery charger and check the voltage in the country that you are visiting, and that you have a universal power point adapter. You are reminded that the power supply requirements in Cyprus are 240 V / 50Hz.
- Store your most frequently dialled numbers in the international format, e.g. to store another mobile number 99XXXXXX in your phones memory, store +35799XXXXXX.
- Make sure that you have your Voicebox password with you. You will need it in case you want to access your voicemail from abroad. You can access your Voicebox by dialing 123 (dialling of short codes), which is subject to foreign network availability. Where unavailable you can access it by dialing +3571239xxxxxxx.)
- Check that our Cytamobile-Vodafone customer care number is stored in your phone's memory so you can contact us easily in case you need any assistance when you are roaming. 132 will work in some networks (dialling of short codes). Where unavailable you should call +357 22 880 132. For a 24h service, and during the time when the Call Centre is off working hours, you can call +357 22 880 300 (the International Number for 80000197 - CYTA Fault Reports) to report possible faults or in case your mobile phone is lost or stolen.
- For a full list of networks where Video Calling is available click here.
- If you are visiting countries like the USA, Canada or Japan just make sure that your mobile phone is compatible with the networks in these countries. Networks all around the world use different technology and different radio bands. Cytamobile – Vodafone is operating a GSM 900 / 1800 MHz network. If you are visiting a network with a different System Type then you should acquire the appropriate handset and insert your SIM card in it. Your number will remain the same and your account will be charged as normal.
- Check that the SMS Centre in your mobile phone is stored in its international format (+35799700000).
Details on how to call, send text messages and retrieve your voicemail from abroad.
Making calls back to Cyprus when roaming
- Key in 00357 for Cyprus
- Followed by the number you want to reach
- Press send
Eg. To call a Cyprus mobile number from anywhere in the world dial 003579XXXXXXX
Eg. To call Nicosia from anywhere in the world dial 0035722XXXXXX.
Making local calls within the country where you are roaming
- Key in the area code
- Key in the telephone number you want to reach
- Press send
Eg. To call Athens from anywhere in Greece dial 210 XXXXXXX
Eg. To call a Vodafone Greece customer dial 694 XXXXXXX
Making international calls from the country where you are roaming
- Dial the international access code and the destination country code
- Key in the national area code (usually you have to omit the first 0 from the area code)
- Key in the number you want to reach
- Press send
Eg. To call Athens from the UK dial 0030210XXXXXXX
Receiving calls when you are roaming
- You can receive calls abroad in exactly the same way as you do in Cyprus. The callers do not need to know where you are.
Sending text messages when you are roaming
- You can send and receive text messages to/from Cyprus in exactly the same way as you do in Cyprus.
How to listen to your voicemail messages from abroad:
In some networks you can listen to your voicemail messages in exactly the same way as you do in Cyprus, by dialing 123 (dialing of short codes). Where this is not possible you will need to:
- Key in +357 123 9XXXXXXX*
- Press # to interrupt the greeting
- Key in your Voicebox password (call 132 if you do not remember it)
- Press #
* 9XXXXXXX refers to your own mobile number.
Easy access to your voice messages and customer care for easy and stress free travelling.
Cytamobile-Vodafone offers you the ability to your familiar short numbers abroad, in the same way as you do in Cyprus.
You can listen to your voice messages from abroad simply by dialling 123 and contact the Cytamobile-Vodafone Call Center. This is only available to specific networks. To find out if you can use short codes in a specific network click here.
For dialing short codes 123 for your Voicebox and 132 for our customer care you will be charged for an international call to Cyprus.
If you are visiting a European Union country the relevant clause for Voicemail access applies, as stated in the European Regulation for International Roaming. This clause has been implemented accordingly and based on this, all calls that end up in your Voicemail for message deposit are free of charge. We would like to note that while travelling abroad accessing your Voicemail to listen to any messages is charged as an outgoing call to Cyprus.