Communicate worry-free in the EU
As of June 1st 2017, Cyta puts into effect the European regulation for Roaming (Roaming Like At Home), according to which you are able to use your local tariff plan at no extra cost, when travelling to European countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Gibraltar & Monaco. You may now talk & surf with 4G speeds at the most popular destinations in Europe.
What Roaming Like At Home offers
- Use of the minutes included in your plan for outgoing calls to Cyprus or to the country you are roaming or to any other country of the European Union, at no extra cost.
- Use of the SMS messages included in your plan for texting to Cyprus or to any other country of the European Union, at no extra cost.
- Use of the MB included in your plan at no extra cost.
- Incoming calls are offered at no extra cost.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- In plans with no included minutes, SMS, MMS and Mobile Internet, usage is charged according to the charges that apply for each plan.
- After the consumption of the minutes included, the outgoing calls to Cyprus or to the country you are roaming or any other European country are charged according to national rates.
- After the consumption of SMS included, extra charge is applied according to the charges that apply for your plan.
- After the consumption of MB’s included, extra charge is applied according to the charges of your plan.
The general rule for roaming like at home is that as long as you spend more time at home than abroad, or you use your mobile phone more at home than abroad, you can roam at domestic prices when travelling wherever in the EU. This is considered a fair use of roaming services.
More specifically, the fair use is based on the balance of roaming and domestic activity over a four month period: if you spend a majority of your time abroad and/or consume more abroad than at home over the four months, you will be asked to clarify the situation within 14 days. If you continue roaming more than you are at home, an additional charge will start to apply on your roaming consumption:
- €0,0381/ minute
- €0,0119/ SMS
- €0,00714/ ΜΒ