Communicate worry-free in the EU
As of June 1st 2017, Cyta applies the European regulation for Roaming (Roaming Like At Home), according to which you are able to use your local tariff plan at no extra cost, when travelling to countries within the EU as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Gibraltar, Monaco and the UK. You may now talk & surf with 4G speeds at the most popular destinations in Europe.
What Roaming Like At Home offers
- Use of the minutes included in your plan for outgoing calls to Cyprus, the visiting country, other countries within the EU or other selected destinations.
- Use of the SMS messages included in your plan for texting to Cyprus or to any other country of the European Union, as well as other selected destinations, at no extra cost.
- Use of the MB included in your plan at no extra cost.
- Incoming calls are offered at no extra cost.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- All charges are bound by a Fair Usage Policy.
- In case of Fair Usage Policy violation, within a 4 month period monitoring, the additional charges imposed will be included in the next summarized monthly bill.
- In plans with no included minutes, SMS, MMS and Mobile Internet, usage is charged according to the charges that apply for each plan.
- After the consumption of the minutes included, the outgoing calls to Cyprus or to the country you are roaming or any other European country are charged according to national rates.
- After the consumption of SMS included, extra charge is applied according to the charges that apply for your plan.
- After the consumption of MB’s included, extra charge is applied according to the charges of your plan.
- For plans which include Unlimited Mobile Internet a Gigabyte CAP is imposed as determined by RLAH. Additional usage is charged based on the charges set by the EU for this purpose.
FREEDOM and BLACK plans are bound by a fair usage policy, which sets a limit of 35GB/month that can be consumed for free in the European Union.
You will receive SMS notifications when you reach 80% and 100% of your data usage limit:
“At 80% of Usage: RLAH REGULATION DETERMINES A MONTHLY LIMIT FOR USAGE IN THE EU, FOR PLANS THAT INCLUDE UNLIMITED MOBILE INTERNET. FOR THE CURRENT MONTH YOUR USAGE HAS REACHED 80% OF THE MONTHLY FREE ALLOWANCE IN THE EU.”
“At 100% of Usage: RLAH REGULATION DETERMINES A MONTHLY LIMIT FOR USAGE IN THE EU, FOR PLANS THAT INCLUDE UNLIMITED MOBILE INTERNET. FOR THE CURRENT MONTH YOUR USAGE HAS REACHED 100% OF THE MONTHLY FREE ALLOWANCE IN THE EU. ADDITIONAL USAGE WITHIN THE CURRENT MONTH WILL BE CHARGED €0,00238/MB (incl. VAT)”.
For any additional data usage the following roaming charge will apply: €0,00238/MB (incl. VAT).
In the scenario where there is a simultaneous violation of the RLAH FUP concerning usage and presence for the last 4 months and the 35GB limit, charges will be imposed separately for each violation.
The general rule for roaming like at home is that as long as you spend more time at home than abroad, or you use your mobile phone more at home than abroad during the last 4 months, you can roam at domestic prices when travelling wherever in the EU. This is considered a fair use of roaming services.
If your usage is inconsistent with the Fair Usage Policy we’ll send you an sms informing you that and you have 14 days to change your behavior. If you do not change your usage pattern within two weeks, extra charges will incur, starting from the day you received the first warning message.
The following additional charges will be applied on your roaming consumption:
- €0,02618 /minute
- €0,00476 /SMS
- €0,00238 /ΜΒ