In accordance with the 2018 decree on setting Special Tariff Packages for
low-income individuals and those with special needs, announced by the
Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation, on 23 February
2018, the following terms and conditions apply from 30th of March 2018 to
Special Tariff Packages for low-income individuals and those with special needs:
A. Eligibility(a) Individuals with special social needs, suffering from:
(b) Low-income individuals
- Persons with permanent or severe kinetic or other severe or total physical
- Persons with permanent or severe visual impairment,
- Persons with permanent or severe acoustic impairment,
- Persons with permanent
or full mental disability, and
- Persons with permanent or severe mental
- Recipients of state benefit from the
Social Welfare Service.
- Recipients of the Minimum Guaranteed Income from the
Welfare Benefit Management Service.
In cases where minors belong
to one of the categories in section A (a) above, their parents or guardians are
eligible for the Special Tariff Package
, provided that they live together in the
same home, upon presentation of the following documents, in additional with the
documents state in section B1. and B4. :
B. Monitoring Mechanism
- The birth certificate of the minor.
parent’s or guardian’s identity card.
- Proof of guardianship of the minor (e.g.
Court Order) in cases where the minor has been placed under guardianship.
The mechanism for monitoring the true state of an
individual aims to ensure that there is no abuse of the system and for this
reason any certificates/confirmations, depending on each case, issued by the
responsible authorities, must be presented to Cyta by the applicant for the
Special Tariff Package
C. Terms of Provision:
- Integrated Disability Assessment Report by the
Department for Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities stating the
person's disability extent as Serious or Total with a permanent period of
validity or a Certification by the Department for Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities stating that the person has a Serious permanent or Total disability.
- Certification by the Social Welfare Service that the person is a
state benefit recipient,
- Confirmation from the Welfare Benefit Management
Service that the individual is the recipient of the Minimum Guaranteed Income.
- In relation to persons with mental handicap a certificate stating that the
person is registered in the Committee for the Protection of Mental Handicap
Persons and he/she is not institutionalised.
- A fixed
line (PSTN) for eligible physical persons is provided for a single home with a
- Cyta will accept that eligible minors live in the same
home as their parents/guardians on the basis of a signed statement by the
parent/guardian in which attention is drawn to the law on false declarations.
- Special Tariff Packages for individuals will be provided only to eligible
- Special Tariff Packages for individuals will apply only to
individuals (members of households) whose permanent residence is in Cyprus, as
determined by the Republic of Cyprus.