How to connect to your new Voicemail:
- Call the new contact number, 124 or dial *86, from your fixed phone and then follow the detailed instructions given or via My Cyta
- Τo connect to your new Voicemail call 132. For your own security, we recommend that you change the password the first time you use your Voicemail. The new password should contain between 4 and 8 digits.
To hear your messages on your fixed telephone:
To hear your messages on another phone, fixed or mobile:
To route all incoming calls to your Voicemail:
- Dial *42.
- Dial *51* to check that the service is activated.
- Dial #42# to cancel the routing.
To route incoming calls to your Voicemail when your telephone is engaged:
- Dial *40.
- Dial *52* to check that the service is activated.
- Dial #40# to cancel the routing.
To route incoming calls to your Voicemail when they are not answered within a set time:
- Dial *41.
- Dial *54* to check that the service is activated.
- Dial #41# to cancel the routing.
To change the number of rings before routing to Voicemail:
- Dial *64 (No Answer Timer).
To receive your voice messages as an email with the voice message attached (Voice2Email):
From the telephony management page at My Cyta, select:
- Service management
- Messaging and enter the e-mail address to which Voicemail messages will be sent.
To record greeting messages for your voicemail:
From your telephone device
- Dial *86 or 124 and, having entered your Voicemail password, select 1 and then:
2 – to record your message for when your line is engaged,
3 – to record your message for when you are unable to reply,
4 – to record your message for when you are away for a long time (e.g. on holiday) and
9 – to record your message (up to 10 seconds)* for when someone is connected to your Voicemail.
For messages longer than 10 seconds, e.g. opening hours or summer holiday closing, you may select option 3 and route incoming calls using access code *41.
From your Telephony Service Management page through My Cyta choose:
- Service management
- Select Announcement Repository and upload personal voice files (in .wav format), for callers to hear when they are connected to your Voicemail when you are unable to answer*.
- Select Greetings and set when each message should be heard.
Below are the specifications for your saved audio files:
|The audio (wav) characteristics of an audio file are:
1. Bit rate 64 kbps.
2. Audio sample size 8 bit.
3. Channels 1 (mono).
4. Audio sample rate 8KHz.
5. Audio format CCIT A-Law.
To receive notifications when there are new messages in your voicemail:
- On devices with an indicator, the light will flash on and off.
- On IP devices you will also see the envelope icon and the number of messages on the screen.
- On devices with no indicator, you will hear a stutter tone when you lift the receiver.
To access your voicemail when you are outside Cyprus:
- In case you are outside Cyprus, you can call +357124 or +35722700124 in order to access your voicemail.
- The Voicemail facility is available on request to all subscribers of the fixed telephony service.
For information or assistance, call 132.